Data Protection Policy
At LifestyleGarden®, we take data protection seriously. We have robust procedures and processes in place to ensure that your personal data are respected and protected.
As a respondent, we collect and use your personal data for research purposes only, and not for any other purpose. We take the utmost care in storing and processing your personal data, ensuring that we protect the information you have chosen to entrust to us judiciously, at the same time as providing the highest level of service to our clients.
Our data protection policy strictly adheres to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (effective from 25 May 2018). The GDPR has heightened the standards to which all entities gathering and processing personal data are held – including LifestyleGarden®. We promise to:
- Only process your data with your consent and for the intended purpose.
- Provide the opportunity for you to withdraw your consent at any time.
What is my data used for?
Unless otherwise stated, LifestyleGarden® collects and processes data (including, but not limited to, personal and sensitive data) for the purpose of market research. For the activities, we will inform you of the specific purpose of the market research and ask for your consent. We promise never to process, collect or share data for any other purpose other than that in which it was intended.
What kind of data will we collect?
Depending on the topic, LifestyleGarden® may collect written data. The subject matter of that data also depends on the topic, but there may include personal data and/or sensitive data. The GDPR protects you as a respondent and if you would like to inquire about the data you have given to LifestyleGarden® or withdraw your consent, you can do so at any time.
I want to withdraw my consent
As a respondent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may do so by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you withdraw your consent, we will erase your data from our own records within one (1) month. LifestyleGarden® reserves the right to extend the time to respond to a request for data erasure by a further two months if the request is complex or LifestyleGarden® has received a number of requests from the same individual. It may also be possible that LifestyleGarden® will require identification in order to process the request. We will also retrieve and delete any data that has been shared with third parties.
I want to inquire about my data
You have the right to inquire about the data you have given to LifestyleGarden® at any time: please contact email@example.com.
Read LifestyleGarden®’s Data Protection Policies below:
LifestyleGarden® is committed to the protection and safeguarding of personal data collected from our customers.
In order to fulfil our data protection obligations, LifestyleGarden® adheres to the following principles:
- All data obtained shall be lawfully collected, compiled, stored, allowed access to, processed and utilized by LifestyleGarden®.
- Participation in newletters or any other marketing activity is voluntary and customers may opt out point in time.
- All data obtained shall be treated confidentially, shall be used for marketing purposes only and shall not be disclosed to any person not employed by LifestyleGarden®, except with consent, as required by law or by court order.
- All data obtained shall not be disclosed to any client other than for lawful research purposes.
- LifestyleGarden® adheres to the policy laws of all countries in which we do business.
- LifestyleGarden® will not transfer personal data to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that company ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects (See Privacy Shield Policy below).
Privacy Shield Policy
LifestyleGarden® believes in protecting our respondents’ privacy. When we work with clients in the US, we follow the privacy shield principles and comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union.
- Notice. When we collect your personal information, we’ll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we’ll use it and the third parties with whom we may share it.
- Choice. You will be given the choice to freely and actively give your consent. You may opt out at any time.
- Access. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security. We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Enforcement. We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises.
- Accountability. We may share personal data with third party providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. We’ll include provisions in our contracts with third parties to whom EU personal data will be disclosed that the data may only be processed for the limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent provided by you and that the third party will provide the same level of protection as LifestyleGarden®. We will require third parties to whom we disclose personal data and who are not subject to laws based on the GDPR, as applicable, to either (i) subscribe to the GDPR principles or (ii) contractually agree to provide at least the same level of protection for personal data as is required by the relevant GDPR principles. If the third party does not comply with its privacy obligations, LifestyleGarden® may choose to, where appropriate, take steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure of personal data. LifestyleGarden® remains legally liable for any breach of the GDPR by any third parties in connection with onward transfer of personal data.
- Data Integrity and Limitations. We’ll collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent. We’ll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
- Recourse. We’ll address any disagreements regarding potential misuse of data, and have policies & procedures in place to investigate and resolve disputes.